The Magnolia Tree

Friday, April 9, 2021



The Magnolia Tree


The wind blows past my ear, leaving a tiny tickle against my skin. It’s April and everywhere else, it’s a sign for the birth of Spring. For one, I loved Spring during my time in Seoul. It reminded me not of the beautiful and fleeting Cherry Blossom trees, but the single pink Magnolia tree that bloomed across my bedroom window.

How I wish to see the gorgeous petals and blooms of Magnolias once again, taking me back to the times when I was young, naive and filled with a curious heart. The Magnolia tree, in full bloom, unfurls its cuplike petals— sturdy yet graceful. As if nothing can stain it’s being. As if nothing can hurt me.

I remember the days I used to stare at the single tree, billowing in the wind while it stands lonely yet radiating with so much energy that it was truly never alone.

The sturdy stems connecting each flower to the branch. As I watch the wind blow, leaves rustle yet the Magnolia flowers never waver. It swayed with the wind, like it’s a part of it but never letting it detach them from the branches. Such endurance.

White petals blend into pink shades that symbolizes purity. Reminds me to avoid things that stain your mind, body and emotions. Do not let things leave scars on your being. Heal when you must. Associate yourself with things that make you worthy. Being the real you: pure and unwavering is the best course of life.

Till then,
Melody

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think..

Latest Instagrams

© Atelier By Mel. Design by Eve.