Why I refuse to have a morning routine

Thursday, September 24, 2020

why i refuse to have a morning routine
Image from Pexels


Why I refuse to have a morning routine


There is only one correct way to start your morning- and it is to not force yourself into a morning routine.


Morning routines have become so superficial and glorified when in truth, it all started as an advice for those who needed an extra push before charging into their daily life. We get absorbed into the idea where everyone preaches about their perfect morning routine— or how you should have a morning routine to stay productive.

When I stumbled upon the idea of a perfect morning routine, everything seemed so exciting. I was excited to kick-start a new day just because I have crafted my own perfect morning routine on pen and paper the night before.

"I can finally fit into this community where morning routines are praised."

But I learned that morning routines are not for everyone


Did I follow through my morning routine? No. I may have practiced my perfect morning routine for a good few days before it fell through entirely. Why is that? Perhaps I do not have enough discipline? Or does my morning routine need a good tweaking?

Allow me to admit my shame. I beat myself up for not following through a morning routine like everyone else.

I felt like shit. Am I unworthy to be part of the world where everyone has a productive morning routine?

I realised that stumbling in the morning, looking for my in-room slippers while I waddle to the washroom is my morning routine. Or I wake up and plug in my earphones to catch up on Netflix before I get up from my bed. It varies, but it makes me feel good.

I’m a morning person, I wake up early to start the day— but I do not have a productive morning routine because going with the flow is how I do things. Having a strict routine makes me feel overworked + overwhelmed.


why i refuse to have a morning routine
Image from Pexels

But morning routines are a part of self-help. Shouldn’t you need it?


Yes and no.
 
In the end, having a morning routine really boils down to you. If you think a morning routine works wonderful for you and helps you cultivate a growth mindset, then that is great! But if having a morning routine burdens you, then it is best to just do your own thing.

Morning routines should not be preached or forced on one another— after all, we all work in different ways. Some days, having a morning routine makes me feel great, on other days, I dread waking up to accomplishing my routines. An exception, read here to find out about my morning routine during MCO (yes, I had a morning routine back then because it works wonderful for me as have to I work from home)

Darling, it is not a crime to not start your day productive or feeling energetic. The simple truth is that morning routines are to help enhance your day, if you feel better without a morning routine, then do not force yourself into one.


A life without a morning routine is, perhaps better?
Melody



why i refuse to have a morning routine

8 comments

  1. I totally agree with you. I myself am NOT a morning person, so routines are out of the question apart from my basic shower and makeup and a little bit of YouTube.

    🌿 Marissa Belle × marsybun.com 🌿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a morning person, but i definitely HATE having to force myself into a superficial routine haha

      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I agree with that thought. We cannot and should not equate the existence of the rag people with our own habits.
    This is a good discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Most importantly, we should be doing what makes us feel good.

      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. i so agree with you... and i learned also. :)

    anyway, i hope you can comment to this blog entry --> http://www.itsjulieann.com/2020/06/press.html

    i just really need this for my potfolio... thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by :)

    Love,
    Melody
    atelierbymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with this! If having a productive morning routine works for people, that's great - but I am a straight up zombie in the morning LOL! xx

    mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you! I dont like feeling overwhelmed in the morning


      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think..

Latest Instagrams

© Atelier By Mel. Design by Eve.